It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian women ask West Men  (Read 25408 times)

Offline boaterguy

Re: Russian women ask West Men
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2009, 07:34:05 AM »
Hmmm...very tough question for me Rina. I never dreamed I would go to Russia and meet my wife.

I did the local internet dating scene for awhile. Every woman I met(and I do mean every) was dishonest or had the wrong motivations. 1 really rings out. She had been divorced around 5 years. I could see where she was coming from so I pointedly asked her "What, is your alimony about to end?" The dumb broad answered yes! All but 1 of a dozen or so were considerably heavier than their picture or their descriptions. 1 girl who was in her 30's was using her highschool graduation picture. Beautiful slender girl. When we met I almost sh*t. She looked like an apple on sticks!

How did I end up going to Russia? I came home from the umpteenth disappointing dates I had. Had a few beers and received a spam email about Russian Brides. Started looking around and found a site where women interested in you wrote to you 1st.(Of course this really isn't the case as I later learned) Yes,it was a pay per letter site (global ladies). I signed up and pretty much forgot about it. A week or so later I started getting email notifications I had a letter from a lady. I guess it took around 2 weeks after that that my curiosity was peeked enough to pay to read some letters. The good thing was I could look at a lady's profile before I paid to read the letter. I only corresponded with 1 other lady before I met my wife. I guess I am one of the lucky ones! Write 2, visit 1, and now happily married for over 5 years!

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2009, 08:35:16 AM »
Yes I agree - maybe great love and maybe great trouble.
and it's obligate - big problem and big money in the beginning.
another woman from another world.
If you buy picture - yes but you bring person - no language, no job, you don't know what is in your mind.
and it seems to me it's very risk investition.
so I can't understand - for what this risk?
what reasons?
just loneless?
Nobody can understand the risk or why it would be even remotely rewarding.
But that is the nice thing about love. It is one thing where we do not need to look at a balance sheet and see if there is profit or not.

No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Mars

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2009, 10:56:12 AM »
Rina, America is filled with fat women and women who are hostile to men.

Men (most of them) like slender women.

In America there are few available women in their 30s who are slender.
In the FSU there are many available women in their 30s who are slender.

In American there are even fewer women in their 40s who are slender.
In the FSU there are quite a few women in their 40s who are slender.

In America there are virtually no women in their 50s who are slender.
In the FSU there are some women in their 50s who are slender.

In America, it is very rare that a woman will date a man 10-20 years younger than herself.  So the 50s year old man in USA cannot tap into the pool of 30s something women who are still slender.

The 50s year old man  in USA can date 40s something women in USA, but the pool of slender ladies in that age group is very small.  And this small number of women who are slender in their 40s are quite highly sought after.  They have their pick of hundreds of men and very quickly develop the Princess (even though somewhat aged for such) Mentality; and who could blame them?

The 50s year old man in USA has hordes of 50s year old women to choose from.  All of them are very eager and willing.  But 99 out of 100 of them are also ready for market (that is to say for bacon, sausage, etc.)

So with a much higher percentage of slender women in FSU for the various age brackets of 30s, 40s, and 50s . . . that is main reason for WM looking to FSU for women.  Many men who post here are loath to make themselves sound so shallow (re: wanting a slender woman), so they bandy about other qualities such as 'family values, personal values, honesty, education, culture, etc.'

Women in FSU must evaluate their own situation to see if they match up with what the WM is seeking.  The WM can find plenty of overweight women in the west.  He will not be willing to take on all the problems of a FSU wife (immigration nightmares, language, culture, homesickness, etc.) to end up with a woman who is not slender.

FSU women who are not slender are simply wasting their time when they try to get involved in the International dating scene.  They see their younger (and slender) daughters and acquaintances doing it and think they can do the same.  But they cannot.  For the few WM who prefer non-slender women; they already are in heaven with respect to choices right in their backyard.

The non-slender woman can talk about all the other 'values' they bring to the table till the cows come home . . . and most of the men here will jump on this 'values' bandwagon also.  But in reality . . . it ain't gonna happen.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:01:09 AM by Mars »
Mars man looking for Venus woman.

Offline Rina_G

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2009, 11:00:38 AM »
Thanks, many thanks for reply.
And now i would like to know your opinion as expert.
I have many really nice pics (if you don't beleive i can show)
and I try to write interesting presentation
but as ussually I almost didn't get any letters from men
and this is nessesary - to write letters first.
Why it happend - I don't know.
and I don't know what is mistake?
and i want to know - what you think about woman who writes such  
Hi here! I’m Rina.
Who I'm?
I'm very happy person and I've many things in my life which make me happy (kids, friends, hobbies, ect).
I don't searching for another passport, another name and another country.
I'm looking for one, just one - BIG, REAL LOVE for which I'm ready to change name and country to love another culture and people.
Please if you want the same and I'm interesing for you - write and I'll write too, ask and I'll reply.
All who're looking for - good luck!
Rina

Please not to sorry, not to pity - just minds :cluebat:
If you can dream it you can do it. Me

Offline Shadow

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2009, 11:15:42 AM »
Rina, if I have seen your avatar earlier I think it was your picture.
If it was I can tell that you look mice, however you are not a 20 year old thin model.

That will make it a little harder to find a man, but I do not think it is impossible.
If only some of the men thinking about 25-30 year old models would try they might find that someone like you has a lot more in common then the ones they generally chase.

Offline Misha

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »
The non-slender woman can talk about all the other 'values' they bring to the table till the cows come home . . . and most of the men here will jump on this 'values' bandwagon also.  But in reality . . . it ain't gonna happen.

Elena of Elena's Models, has a Russian e-book for women looking for foreign husbands. She even has her own table so women can calculate their "chance" (i.e. odds) of finding a foreign husband: http://www.zamuzh.com/book/before/next3.htm. Beauty is certainly one of the key things that men look for in a potential spouse, and I do agree with you and her in that attractiveness is certainly the main criteria in the minds of most men.

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »
Thanks, many thanks for reply.
And now i would like to know your opinion as expert.............I'm very happy person and I've many things in my life which make me happy (kids, friends, hobbies, ect).

Hi Rina.

I don't want to "offend" you. :)

I don't know your age, BUT....If you have children living at home, then say so in your profile.

But, if you have grown adult children that will NOT be coming with you, then make that VERY clear or just don't mention them in your profile (discuss later).

GOB
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:11:41 PM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Rina_G

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2009, 11:54:02 AM »
: http://www.zamuzh.com/book/before/next3.htm. Beauty is certainly one of the key things that men look for in a potential spouse, and I do agree with you and her in that attractiveness is certainly the main criteria in the minds of most men.

Thanks Misha
I've looked and Elena as ussually didn't wonder me. She wants to sell expencive stuff for not large money  :ROFL:
 and I was laugh very much.
young beauty and slim russian models can find rich free russian men here - lol

to GOB - my children are independent and grown. I get your mind thanks

Offline Misha

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2009, 11:58:44 AM »
young beauty and slim russian models can find rich free russian men here - lol

Maybe, but not all young attractive Russian women can easily find decent, let alone rich, men. My wife falls into this category. She was 26 when I met her and she had yet to find a man that she really wanted to marry. Trust me, the pool of eligible, attractive women in their twenties and thirties in Russia is much more impressive than what you will find in much of Canada based on my dating experience.

Offline Rina_G

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2009, 12:08:22 PM »
Misha!
I don't doubt - a lot women find foreing men
and I don't want to tell about young and nice girls (even she is your wife)
I can't cut my years (and won't be that anytime)
when I look on dating site I see a lot adults women
and now I know that their (and mine - too) chances are closed to nule
don't have mean - what I write and what I show on pics
the main is number.
I don't want to play in childhood
I won't lie about my age - I'mnot shame about it.
I get reply on my question

Offline greg2654

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2009, 12:12:31 PM »
Hi guys!
I would like to ask again.
why AM want to find FSU women.
i want to know not about young men which want to build family and to have kids.
I mean - adults men who have family expeirense (divorsed or widower) about 50
What makes him to find, to risk, to spend time and money?

Hello Rina,
What I was looking for was a different attitude about life, work ethic, etc. then I found in my ex-wife or girlfriends. In general they thought they were little queens that should be served without question while providing nothing in return. I wanted to live a comfortable life and I wanted some help.

I went to Russia to find someone who had similar goals and the ambition to achieve them. What I have seen in immigrants in general is that they don't come all the way here just to have life happen to them; they're going to MAKE something happen. This is what I was trying to find.

I'm a good work horse but horses work better in a team.

Offline Misha

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2009, 12:14:42 PM »
I know that their (and mine - too) chances are closed to nule

I wouldn't say that your chances are close to zero, but it may require more compromises. We met a RW who turned 50 recently. She succeeded in marrying a fellow Canadian, but something tells me he would not have been her first choice in men: he is not educated, he smokes and his house is not extremely lavish. At the end of the day, marriage is a "market" in a way. We all seek to find love and the best partner possible, but we can't necessarily meet, let alone date, fall in love, and marry, those who would be our first choices. Sometimes it is for the best. As the country song goes: "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers"  ;)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »
Rina:  "Illegitimi non carborundum"  Don't let the bastards get you down.

You are never defeated until you quit. I suggest you never quit.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Rina_G

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2009, 10:07:27 PM »
Rina:  "Illegitimi non carborundum"  Don't let the bastards get you down.

You are never defeated until you quit. I suggest you never quit.

Thanks in any cases.
I don't like word - NEVER.
But I was known more now.
I was free from some my illusions - thanks again

and i would like to know next.
how long time you was looking for woman&
I see very often men are registered from 2004. 2005 and I doubt - is they real?
and have they real wishes to find?
It seems to me there are so many girls in net and it isn't so dificult to find anyone.
I thought real man can find very fast and remove his profile.
What can you reply me?

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
Rina,
Consider that Turbo Guy here looked for 8 or 9 years and Gator was in it for quite a few years too (5?)  But most likely, a man with a very old profile is not sincerely interested in finding a wife.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2009, 10:36:52 PM »
Rina,
Consider that Turbo Guy here looked for 8 or 9 years and Gator was in it for quite a few years too (5?)  But most likely, a man with a very old profile is not sincerely interested in finding a wife.
KenC

Yeah, and I'll be turning 4 here soon... sometimes it just takes... well, time to find your truly special someone. Don't give up, Rina.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Shadow

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2009, 01:57:37 AM »
Men who are really looking for a wife, and not chasing fantasies will be looking for a long time. I did not find MrsShadow until I was nearly 40, and not because I did not look, but because I did not meet the correct person.
As far as your chances, I think that they are not close to null.

Offline apple47

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2009, 08:59:52 PM »
Men who are really looking for a wife, and not chasing fantasies will be looking for a long time.

And those of us that weren't chasing fantasies but didn't spend years searching ,are doomed to the trash heap?    Is there a minimum time ?  How would this be determined?

...Larry

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »
        And those of us that weren't chasing fantasies but didn't spend years searching ,are doomed to the trash heap? Yep, U R DOOMED!!   Is there a minimum time ? As long as it takes, min of ten years!!   How would this be determined? Because I say so!!

...Larry
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2009, 09:38:14 PM »
Thanks in any cases.
I don't like word - NEVER.
But I was known more now.
I was free from some my illusions - thanks again

and i would like to know next.
how long time you was looking for woman&
I see very often men are registered from 2004. 2005 and I doubt - is they real?
and have they real wishes to find?
It seems to me there are so many girls in net and it isn't so dificult to find anyone.
I thought real man can find very fast and remove his profile.
What can you reply me?

Never in this case is a good term :)

I have been looking on and off for a couple of years but in the FSU (again) for only about a year. It is not difficult to find someone but it can be difficult to find the right one. But sometimes we make it too difficult by passing up some really good people thinking the grass will be greener on the other side.
Everyone is unique so you can't put them into a mold and say if you do X,Y & Z then A,B & C will happen. When two people fit together it just happens and hopefully they both know it.

Offline Rina_G

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2009, 09:41:36 PM »
I'm reading and crying - I don't want tens years. :cluebat:
Have you any other ways to find faster? :cheesygrin:

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2009, 09:47:37 PM »
I'm reading and crying - I don't want tens years. :cluebat:
Have you any other ways to find faster? :cheesygrin:

Faster? Yes, Mail_Order_Groom.com :)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2009, 09:53:42 PM »
If it was meant to be, it will happen, Rina.  Are you also looking for a Russian man?

Faster? Yes, Mail_Order_Groom.com

http://www.mailorderhusbands.net/
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Rina_G

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2009, 12:28:25 AM »

Offline Rina_G

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2009, 12:49:34 AM »
Are you also looking for a Russian man?

No I amn't looking russian man.
I was created one interesting thing
it we look at three part of man - free, russian, successful - in russia we have every two from three
if free and successful - not russian
if successful and russian - not free
if russian and free - not successful (very very much)
 :sad:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: olgac
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 542497
Total Topics: 20892