It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Conflicting meetings  (Read 7124 times)

Offline Aleksia

• Commercial Member
Conflicting meetings
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2005, 08:56:49 AM »
by the way, a girl from Odessa. Why does not she want to meet with you in her city? Why Kiev? Odessa is a big, beautiful city, so it is strange that she does not want to show you her city, her home.

Offline Chef!

Conflicting meetings
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2005, 09:16:43 AM »
she isn't from odessa.  I just wanted to go there.  I've heard it's a really nice place, plus, a bit warmer since it's south.  She's north of kiev...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Conflicting meetings
« Reply #27 on: Today at 04:24:59 PM »
Ok guys, here is the deal.  Bear with me, I get winded at times! 

Girl #1:  Ok, I met this wonderful girl through a dating site almost 6 months ago. After months of communication,
we have decided to take it to the next step.  She is a great girl, very romantic and sweet, except she doesn't speak
english, but can read it.  We were supposed to meet last august but were unable to do so and so now, I have another
vacation coming up next month, so, we want to meet this time.  I opted for odessa, but she is VERY focused on Kiev. 
She is from another town, but really wants to meet in Kiev and nowhere else! I even offered to pay for the train or
plane to Odessa, but she won't have it.   She says she really knows kiev well, as that is where she went to university. 
Now here is the situation with the other one.

Girl #2:  As many of us communicate with multiple girls at once in search of "The One", I too like to spread myself out. 
As I am a member of three different IM services, Yahoo, Hotmail, and ICQ, I frequently get random IMs from different
people all over the world.  If I'm in the mood, I will respond and carry on a conversation.  Well, I happened to meet this
incredible girl a couple months ago.
  We get along very well, to the point where we talk to each other through all mediums
of communication: IM, SMS, e-mail, and on the phone almost everyday.  We have been so concentrated on each other
that we have decided to spend the holidays together, Christmas and New Years.  So, you can see where I'm going with this. 
She lives and works in Kiev.  But the meeting times between the two are different.  The first girl is meeting me mid - month,
and the 2nd is meeting the latter part through the beginning of January.  Yes, I know Kiev is a huge city, but I am not
european and so my physical characteristics cannot blend in with the majority of the population.  I mean, what are the
chances of being recognized?  But that scenario still goes through my head.  There always could be a chance contact
with a waiter or attendent somewhere.  Especially, since both girls will want to take me to all the typical tourist places! 

A worker at these establishments could remember me from the previous week with the first one and talk to the 2nd one
in their native language and say that I was there, but with another girl!  Who knows... Not paranoid, just cautious.  Not
trying to deceive, but I will probably choose between one or the other to continue relations after this meeting so I
don't want any static.  Advice?  Suggestions?  Please speak your mind, don't hold back!  Thanks!

Rob

First, of all dump the girl who doesn't speak English unless you are fluent in Russian, (you're not or you would have
lead with that).

Imagine if things go great with girl #2 ?? !?
Now you have a stamp in your passport when you are supposed to be pining for her. She is going to look in your
passport at some point. If you are planning on meeting girl #2 then girl #1 is really not a keeper in your mind
anyway. 

Don't waste trips on meeting girls who you don't think are keepers. You will never get away with your plan. 

Secondly, if possible try to meet a girl in her home city.

Lastly, if a girl can read English she can speak it. She can probably read it better than she can speak it
(most girls are like this) especially in the beginning. She might be really shy about her abilities, her
accent might be really strong. If you thought she was the keeper, then I would advise coaching
her up. You could bond learning Rushglish together.

« Last Edit: Today at 04:28:22 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8885
Latest: El_Dublio
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 543262
Total Topics: 20920
Most Online Today: 1934
Most Online Ever: 12701